“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”

~ Carl Jung

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Listening to the Whispers of My Heart

As I have made my way through the last few months, I have found myself feeling compelled to create. I love making mixed media art canvases. My mother was a litte OCD when it came to keeping her house clean; my sister and I are certain that our love of scissors, glue, paint and ink is a direct result of not getting enough cutting and pasting time as children.
We are making up for it now.



These little canvases have helped me in so many ways. The messages they convey have come from within me, sent by my heart and soul to help me heal. They challenge me to believe in myself and in my capacity to find what is next for me. I can stretch and grow if I am willing to take risks and try new things.




They remind me that I am loved and that I have love to give to others. When this transition started for me, I asked myself the question: what do I believe my purpose to be?




The answer that came to me was a little surprising. I really felt that my purpose is to love. It seems a little simplistic and sort of hokey, but that's the answer that came to me. Love of family will always be my first priority, but this seemed bigger than that. I felt my purpose is to be a loving presence in the world.
And so as I look for that open window that must be out there somewhere for me, I will continue to listen and to follow the whisperings of my heart and to look for opportunities to open my heart and to be a loving presence.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Dottie, I am so touched by your beauty, both your art work and your words reach out and embrace a really wonderful place in my own spirit. Thank you for the courage and honesty with which you enter into this new journey. It is evident that your love will continue to touch people as you did for so long in your "helper" role. Follow the path that you have found as it is sure to lead you to the music of your soul. With your hands wide open and your heart listening to the whispers you are clearly focused and in tune with the needs of your spirit life. And your LOVE will give you the direction to get to others. Thank YOU!
"let the messiness go wild!!"

Daisy99 said...

I love the message. I know your soul. I am so grateful to have you in my life. As our journey continues, you know who your friends are, and we love you. Our parents were connected with love and appreciation and I understand now. I wish they were here to see how everything they loved turned out. I will never forget home made ice cream in your Spencer home and your dad's thumb disappearing trick. We are making our own new memories. Thank you.

Daisy99 said...

I didn't know I was Daisy, but it's me, Linda

Alison said...

Lots of new adventures for us this year. Your strength, courage and tenacity inspire me to keep moving forward on my journey, no matter what gets in my way. Thank you for being the glue that holds it all together and the firm foundation on which I stand. Love you.