“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”

~ Carl Jung

Monday, January 23, 2012

BREATHE!




My daughter’s friend Amanda chose Breathe as her word for 2012.  She asked me to create a canvas for her to remind her to focus on her breath this year.  In this process, I have been thinking a lot about my own breathing.  I have become aware of how often I find myself holding my breath.  I have a long pattern of using shallow breathing to stay in my head and out of my feelings; so, it is not surprising that I am, once again, locking down my breathing when I get bogged down in worry about this process to redefine myself and what is next for me in my career. 

Thanks to Amanda, I am making a commitment to myself to breathe, to bring my breath into my consciousness, to practice breathing into my abdomen, to slow my breath, to calm my emotions, to ground myself.  When I do, I find myself fully present, fully alive.  Yes, I also find myself fully connected to my experience which can bring some pain, but I am also fully connected and aware of all the love, beauty and abundance that surrounds me.   Thanks Amanda for this gift!



“Breathing in, there is only the present moment. 
Breathing out, it is a wonderful moment.” 
Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments: