“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”

~ Carl Jung

Monday, January 16, 2012

TAKE TIME FOR ...


Last week I attended a memorial service for a friend of my son and daughter.  It was a sweet, but sad time of remembering a very special man. While I had met him once or twice, I did not have the privilege of knowing him well.  As his friends and family spoke of him, it was clear that he was a man who, in spite of an early death at 50, had lived his life fully and well.  He was a beloved husband, friend, uncle, and brother-in-law; and, his life was filled with love, with play, with care and concern for others.  The minister conducting this time of remembrance spoke to all of us about following this man’s example and living a life devoted to the people and things that are truly important to us.  He encouraged us to pay attention to how we spend our time.  He cautioned us about being side-tracked by the countless aggravations and demands of our busy lifestyles that pull us in so many directions. 

Several years ago, when my daughter was pregnant with our grandson, I created an altered  book for him.  I included things about our family and about life that I wanted him to know – about the important things.  One section of the book was about this very issue of TIME. 





Today I am sharing that section of Jack’s book with you in hopes that you too might be reminded to pay attention to the little things in your life, to pay attention to how you spend your time, because in the end these little things are the things that truly matter.     

No comments: