“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”

~ Carl Jung

Monday, January 9, 2012

Thrive Part II - Messages from the Universe



I have been thinking a lot about my word for 2012 this week.  Mostly because last week I was not so much in the thrive mode.  I experienced several small frustrating obstacles in my attempts to put together the next phase of my career and allowed myself to sink into the what’s the use, I give up mode.   

On Friday, I was sitting in my kitchen, looked out my back window, and became aware that a hawk was sitting not 10 feet from me on a stone pillar on my patio.  Wow, he was beautiful.  He sat on the pillar looking at me looking at him for about 10 minutes, twisting his head from side to side in that bird way of being, seemingly asking me, “What is up with you?”  It felt special to me.  It is not every day that a hawk stops by for a visit.  I felt for sure this was a visitation that demanded my attention.  So, I googled visitation by hawks.  You gotta love the age of technology we live in.   ( As an aside, this is not my first visitation by a wild creature.  I was once visited by a small snake in my office in an interior room that was a part of a maze of offices.  How he got to my office is beyond me, but that is a story for another day.)  Anyway, back to the hawk.  After reading several interpretations of hawk visitations this is my take away message. 

Hawks have the ability to move between the physical world and the unseen spirit realm.  When hawk visits, he carries with him messages that the Universe is sending our way.  Hawk’s  message is about freeing ourselves of thoughts and beliefs that are limiting, that block us from soaring.  He encourages us to embrace the limitless possibilities of our lives, to push through obstacles and continue on our path.  He asks us to awaken spiritually and to align with the intention of our souls, allowing our inner truth to surface.  The hawk is a bird of the heavens and signifies a union with Great Spirit.  If our “hawk medicine” is underdeveloped, we will have a tendency to over-analyze everything.  So, one aspect of the hawk visitation is a warning to keep the analytical mind under control.  I am not sure this hawk knows what he is asking of me in this particular area.  Quite the task.

I know you must think I am making this up, but check out these sites for more information about Hawk visitations.  Lynx Graywolf at http://morningstar.netfirms.com/hawktotem.html or Peter Clothier at www.thebuddadiaries.blogspot.com/2007/03/visitation.html  

Could these messages be any more perfect for me at this time?  The Universe is once again going out of its way to ask me to trust this process, believe, and continue to take one step at a time in the direction of a new beginning.  This blog is part of my process of doing  that, putting myself out there.  I don’t really know where this journey will end; but then, we never really do, do we? 

This weekend I once again claimed THRIVE as my word and created this canvas to help me stay connected to the possibilities waiting around the corner. Once again, I embrace the possibilities.   This year I will THRIVE!



4 comments:

It's All Connected said...

I'm sure following you! You responded to Layla's question. You saw a hawk. You decided to do a canvas. So did I to all three. Well, your canvas is more art and mine more craft but that's not the point! I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot out of your posts! ~ Maureen

Dottie said...

Thank you for your comment. I loved your blog and I think we may be kindred spirits! I hope your year is filled with the peace that you seek. Would love to know more about your hawk visitation. Isn't it amazing how the universe sends us what we need if we can open our eyes and hearts to receive it.

Claire said...

Love your word!-I am your newest follower from Layla's party-Stop by for a visit!

Dottie said...

Thanks for the comment and welcome to my blog. As you can see I am pretty new at this so I appreciate the encouragement. I did stop by and loved your blog - particularly the crafty parts!