“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”

~ Carl Jung

Monday, April 2, 2012

Wounded Heart


Our lives are filled with all kinds of experiences;  and, each of these experiences impacts our being.  The positive, fun, and loving experiences fill us with warmth and light, but what about the more difficult painful experiences in our lives.  I think we have choices to make when it comes to how we incorporate painful experiences into our process.  Of course we need to allow ourselves the opportunity to fully experience our pain without judgment.  We need time to grieve.  We need to find support and acceptance within ourselves and from others. 


But finally we come down to a heart choice.  Will I react to this painful experience in my life by closing off my heart in an attempt to protect myself from future pain?  Or will I allow the wounds in my heart to open up space for love to grow; and, as it grows, for that love to be released and shared with others?     My hope for myself is that bitterness will not find a place to take root in my heart, but rather that all of my experiences, both the joyful and the sorrowful, will create space in my wounded heart for love to grow. 

3 comments:

It's All Connected said...

I think there are different stages of healing your heart. Any progress, at all, is a good thing. Sometimes there a big leaps and other times it's teeny steps but it's all going to the same end. ~ Maureen

Winnie said...

I found your thru your vagabond picture. I enjoyed reading this post. I love your piece and the words. Very touching.

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful pages, and beautiful intent. I really like all the rays coming out from the heart, across the pages.