“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”

~ Carl Jung

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Gather Joy


There is so much in the world  for us all if we only have the eyes to see it, and the heart to love it, and the hand to gather it to ourselves.  ~L.M. Montgomery



I love this quote.  I truly believe this.  The world around us is full of amazing things for us if we will allow ourselves to be aware and to receive.  So many of the things that have the potential to give us joy are little things, little things that we can miss unless we awake up and notice.  All that is required is openness.  Look around and find the beauty – the joy.  Open our arms and receive.  Allow our hands and our hearts to be filled to overflowing.

Today, these are some of the things, some of the joy, I have gathered into my hands and heart:





 

This weekends wildflower Whorled Loosestrife                                                              



























The contrast of fragile flower 
         against stone


                 
                                        


                   The blue of  Morning Glories       




                                                                                                                                                






                                                                                                        






Red Geraniums
















  And the curve in the road to my home that reminds me to trust that my journey continues even though I can’t see around the bend,
                                                                    







What joy did you gather today?










4 comments:

Woodland Rose said...

The sun streamed light into my kitchen window through blinds that created neat striations. Something different and fun. Love your excitement too and the quote. The word 'Gather' is special'. Thanks, Andrea

Dottie said...

I love light as well, especially light on the surface of water creating little sparkles and shimmers. Glad you gathered some joy. Thanks for stopping by.

shannon i olson said...

lovely flowers! You know one day I was having a very bad day, to say the least and a friend that was in Japan just happened to show up at my door, unannounced trip to the states. With coffee in hand and scones she immediately knew my state of mind and so we sat and drank coffee, and looked up verses about joy. I will never forget that.

Dottie said...

What a lovely gift to bring you comfort and joy. I am always amazed and so grateful when divine grace brings me just what I need at just the right moment. I have enjoyed following your blogs. You have come through so much and come out with a passion to gather beauty and joy and share them with your readers. Thank you.