“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”

~ Carl Jung

Monday, June 25, 2012

Play



It is a happy talent to know how to PLAY.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson






I spent pretty much all this past weekend playing.  I took a few short walks but for the most part I spent my time cutting paper, painting and gluing.  It was wonderful.  My mood going into the weekend was not the best; but, after spending the weekend solidly plugged into the right side of my brain, I feel wonderful!  I need to remember to make more time for play.  

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I LOVE this piece! I recognize the candy land pieces and just adore the colors and playfulness. I understand why you feel better after making this!

Dottie said...

Thanks Jenny. It was a fun piece to make. I have more plans for that candy land board as well. :)

Valerie said...

Yay Dottie! Thank you for sharing this today! It was the perfect thing for me. I am getting ready for a workshop-playshop this weekend and this post made me smile and move ahead. The art is truly playful and lovely!

Dottie said...

Thanks Valerie, Hope you have a wonderful week and a workshop full of meaningful connection and play. Wish I could be there to join in!

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulos collage page! Love the flowers against all the game pieces.

Dottie said...

Thanks Marjie, I like the wonky circle flowers too. Used dylusions sprays on those - messy and fun!!

Becky Shander said...

I'm glad to see you've been enjoying such colorful play. Making art lifts my mood also.