“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”

~ Carl Jung

Sunday, March 3, 2013

What are you longing for?

Why is it that February is the shortest month of the year and yet it seems to go on forever.  I feel incredibly impatient the last couple of weeks of February and the first couple of weeks of March.  I am ready for Spring.  In the North Georgia mountains this is the coldest part of our winter.  This weekend it didn't get out of the thirties and for most of today it was in the twenties.

Now I know many of you endure a much more difficult winter.  Some of you even enjoy snowy days.  But this southern girl's soul longs for warm days filled with sunshine and the beautiful blooms of spring - starting Red Bud and Forsythia and soon followed by the Dogwoods.

My bouquets of the moment are limited to daffodils and Lenten roses; and, they are giving me their best in an effort to cheer me along through these last weeks of winter.








 Longing for more, last weekend I got out my flower press full of little pieces of last years garden and made collage bouquets.













This weekend I finished up a canvas to hang with these botanical collages.








Spring is coming.  In the mean time, I guess, patience and finding the beauty in the present moment is sufficient.



What are you longing for?

6 comments:

Maureen said...

I long to get dirt on my hands and see green shooting up from the flower beds. This winter feels like it will go on forever and I'm getting a little "shacky wacky"!

Victoria said...

It's been cold here in Michigan! An exteremely long winter! I was looking through your blog and it's lovely! Thank-you so much for the "Liebster Award" you took me completely by surprise. I am honored! Have a wonderful week!

Laurel@chippingwithcharm said...

Beautiful!! I am very ready for spring...but since we just got a new pile of snow yesterday...I will just "lighten" things up in my house :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my candle holders!! Laurel

Marjie Kemper said...

Superb! I'm with you... ready for spring. Love that Grow canvas, especially.

Marjie Kemper said...

Superb! I'm with you... ready for spring. Love that Grow canvas, especially.

Sue Marrazzo said...

Dottie:
I really like the butterflies...nice work!
Please look at my art blog at:
www.suemarrazzo.blogspot.com
Thanks!